How Long Do They Live

agent 14

I was reading a post that said ocellaris clowns have a short life spand is this true.......im planing on buying a pair and dont wanna get them if there gonna die shortly after

oceandream

I was just reading this on another board today. Ocellaris have only been captive bred in this hobby for 20-25 years, so so far that is the oldest recorded age.

bang guy

Agent,
Purposely attempting to incide negative reactions is called Trolling. It's not an acceptable practice here. I know you are joking but not everyone will.

mr. tuna

Agent,
You need to chill out..
I really didnt appriciate hearing what you did to your last pair... :mad: Dont buy another pair if thats what you are going to be doing!!!!!!!!
Tuna

debbie

Bang Guy, how long do Tomato Clowns live for? The same 20-25 yrs?
Also, is it normal for the sides of the tomato clown to go a darker color as they age? I know there is a cinnamon clown but this clown is the color in my avatar but the sides are going a bit darker. Just curious
Debbie :jumping:

bang guy

I'm not familiar with Tomato Clownfish. I would imagine they have a lifespan somewhere around 20 - 30 years but I really don't know.
I've never seen a large Tomato Clown with bright Orange sides so I would guess they tend to darken as they grow older.