How long do we have ? ? ?

sickboy

And for the record, I know many people who said they were leaving the country if McCain got elected, and I challenged their citizenship and patriotism as well.
People basically being cry babies is what will rip our country apart, not some guys theory on democracies. Also, IMO.

mboswell1982

our government hasnt been the same government the founders of our country envisioned it to be for many many years. it was started as a government OF the PEOPLE and BY the PEOPLE, and FOR the PEOPLE, it is no longer this.
the only way we will ever get back to the form of government, is to overthrow our current government and go back to the ORIGINAL dream as envisioned by our founding fathers.
and yes, i consider myself an AMERICAN, i support the FLAG and the CONSTITUTION. our current government craps on the constitution on a daily basis, and has for MANY years.
and just so you know, i attempted to do my time in our military, and am proud of that, i blew out both my knees in basic training on parris island, and was considered to damaged to fix so i could continue training. but, even then, i did not support our government in itself, the FLAG was the only reason i signed up to serve.

mboswell1982

Originally Posted by sickboy
http:///forum/post/2909139
If by overthrowing the gov't, you mean you're an anarchist? I mean technically you are entitled to this belief, but how does it make you an American (other than of course, you may have been born here).

our country was founded in the flames of revolution and anarchy, remember the revolutionary war?

bionicarm

I thought the Obama trashing was limited to the sticky thread. You guys just gonna have continual political threads berating anyone who isn't a right-wing Republican for the next four years?

mboswell1982

Originally Posted by bionicarm
http:///forum/post/2909169
I thought the Obama trashing was limited to the sticky thread. You guys just gonna have continual political threads berating anyone who isn't a right-wing Republican for the next four years?
im bashing ALL politicians, not just o crack head, the only politician, in my mind, thats even worth considering, is dennis kucinich

"Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2 Republicans: 2.1"
What exactly does that have to do with anything?

sigmachris

Originally Posted by TheClemsonKid
http:///forum/post/2909686
"Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Democrats: 13.2 Republicans: 2.1"
What exactly does that have to do with anything?
I think they are trying to say that the Democratic counties are uncivilized.

lil.guppy

Originally Posted by mboswell1982
http:///forum/post/2909148
our government hasnt been the same government the founders of our country envisioned it to be for many many years. it was started as a government OF the PEOPLE and BY the PEOPLE, and FOR the PEOPLE, it is no longer this.
the only way we will ever get back to the form of government, is to overthrow our current government and go back to the ORIGINAL dream as envisioned by our founding fathers.
and yes, i consider myself an AMERICAN, i support the FLAG and the CONSTITUTION. our current government craps on the constitution on a daily basis, and has for MANY years.
and just so you know, i attempted to do my time in our military
, and am proud of that, i blew out both my knees in basic training on parris island, and was considered to damaged to fix so i could continue training. but, even then, i did not support our government in itself, the FLAG was the only reason i signed up to serve.
Thank you

lil.guppy

All I can say about all this going on in our country/word today is........"END TIMES"
It says in the bible that near the end times it will be difficult, war against nations, false prophecies, famines,earthquakes, tribulations, the gospel will be reached throughout the world
II Timothy 3:1-5,7 "But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of god; holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."
JMO

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/2908423
Professor Olson adds: 'In aggregate, the map of the territory Republican won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of this great country. Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare...'
For the love of God, please stop pushing this ridiculous stereotype that the Republicans are all tax paying, hard working, America loving, Christians... while all the democrats live in section nine government housing, all collecting their welfare checks each month between gang bangs and murders.
People like you are the reason this country has a lot of trouble moving forward. All because people like you have to continually perpetuate these outdated, and frankly racist ideas that Republicans are good, and Democrats are bad.
You want some actual data? Now forgive me, because this is going to make you look like the imbecile you are...
Here goes...
As of year ending 2007 (latest data available)
5,254,023 people had at one point that year either received, started, or continued getting government welfare assistance.
of those people, this is how it broke down by race:
Race

[hr]
White 38.8 %
Black 37.2
Hispanic 17.8
Asian 2.8
Other 3.4
Let's for a moment assume that even worse case scenario, since that was 2007, and the economy has gotten worse since then, let's say it's now closer to seven million people. (Probably a high estimate)
Alright, now lets look at the numbers from this past presidential election, shall we?
We all know Obama won the presidential election. Let's look at the specific numbers. In the popular vote, he received 69,456,897 votes, as opposed to McCain who received 59,934,786.
Your professor so eloquently states that:
"Democrat territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."
Using the term "mostly", I would say that constitutes at LEAST a majority, or 51%
By my math, if you took each and every person on welfare, and let's assume that all of them voted (which they didn't ), then you would have approximately seven of the 69,000,000 + votes being cast by "those citizens living in government-owned tenements and living off various forms of government welfare".
That represents approximately 10%.
So apparently, some 90% of the remaining votes came from somewhere else.
So why don't you back off the stereotyping for a half second and realize that most of the "democrats" you loathe so much, make up a very small faction of the general democratic base.
Come to Ohio, I'll take you down to the welfare office, and you can have a look at who really needs the help. For every one poor black woman with her seven kids... you have a laid off factory worker, an injured vet, an elderly man who worked 30+ years to have their retirements vanish, an elderly widow who can't make ends meet now that her husband is gone. Not to mention the tens of thousands of former factory workers who can't even find a job at their age and skill level.
But again, these are all just lazy people who want to lean on their government.
Yeah, sounds about right.

U

usirchchris

http:///forum/post/2909721
For the love of God, please stop pushing this ridiculous stereotype that the Republicans are all tax paying, hard working, America loving, Christians... while all the democrats live in section nine government housing, all collecting their welfare checks each month between gang bangs and murders.

This is actually pretty funny

el guapo

Race

[hr]
White 38.8 %
Black 37.2
Hispanic 17.8
Asian 2.8
Other 3.4
Come to Ohio, I'll take you down to the welfare office, and you can have a look at who really needs the help. For every one poor black woman with her seven kids... you have a laid off factory worker, an injured vet, an elderly man who worked 30+ years to have their retirements vanish, an elderly widow who can't make ends meet now that her husband is gone. Not to mention the tens of thousands of former factory workers who can't even find a job at their age and skill level.
But again, these are all just lazy people who want to lean on their government.
Yeah, sounds about right.

Thanks its people like you who try to turn it into a racist thing .
How many poor and homeless people do you come into contact on a daily basis ? I deal with anywhere between 175-250. I see it first hand . Not some report on the news or in a magazine . I see the same grown men of all race's stand in line at 5 in the morning to get into the day shelter . I see them sit there and eat 2 hot meals plus take a sack lunch that we give out to those that have "job's". I see them sit there all day long when they could be out looking for work . They come in and demand new clothes from the clothing bank because they saw somebody else got a new shirt . They complain about the food we serve calling it slop , and unfit to feed a dog . But they are still there and they eat it . WHY ?
Because they are all too lazy to go look for a job . They would rather sleep in a tent then work an honest day . The first of the month they are all happy little drunks but as the month wares on and their government aid runs out they turn into hateful spiteful people that will rob you blind if you let them . These people are not out there looking for a hand up, they are looking for a hand out .
And for the record its not section "9" housing . Its section "8" . If your going to make a point make sure you know what your referencing .

jdl

Here goes...
As of year ending 2007 (latest data available)
5,254,023 people had at one point that year either received, started, or continued getting government welfare assistance.
Race

[hr]
White 38.8 %
Black 37.2
Hispanic 17.8
Asian 2.8
Other 3.4
You are missing one VERY important stat. The % of people that are white/black/hispanic....
is your data saying of the welfare people 38.8% of them are white, or is it saying 38.8% of whites receive welfare. BIG difference.

Ok, i'll concede on the section eight, that's my mistake.
And believe me, I know exactly what you are saying about those types of people. I have NO DOUBT that they are out there, all over this country.
However, what I have a problem with, is guys like that professor that you so gladly posted; making it look like the majority of democrats are the aforementioned people you just told me about.
They aren't.
Period.
Can we just agree that they make up a VERY SMALL PERCENTAGE of actual democrats?

U

usirchchris

Originally Posted by JDL
http:///forum/post/2909761
You are missing one VERY important stat. The % of people that are white/black/hispanic....
is your data saying of the welfare people 38.8% of them are white, or is it saying 38.8% of whites receive welfare. BIG difference.
Being that those stats tally 100%, I think you could gather that out of the pool that recieve welfare 38.8 percent are white...it would be kinda hokey if all the percentages of races recieving welfare happened to equal 100%....or am I reading this incorrectly?

Originally Posted by JDL
http:///forum/post/2909761
The data is saying that of the people who receive welfare, 38.8% are white.

jdl

Originally Posted by usirchchris
http:///forum/post/2909773
Being that those stats tally 100%, I think you could gather that out of the pool that recieve welfare 38.8 percent are white...it would be kinda hokey if all the percentages of races recieving welfare happened to equal 100%....or am I reading this incorrectly?
i didnt add them up. Was just skimming the post and saw some stats. I hate stat posts because the data can be viewed differently by the way it is presented. For example... on the biggest loser last night, one guy lost 30 lbs... great... but if he weight 481 it isnt as good as someone losing 25lbs only weighing 300lbs.

lil.guppy

Im a vet tech and you be surprised at how many people come into the clinic to pay their dogs or cats out rageous vet bills with those welfare checks. Im not talking pets they have had for awhile, but new dogs and cats...That upsets me that people abuse the welfare system

el guapo

http:///forum/post/2909774
The data is saying that of the people who receive welfare, 38.8% are white.

I do not argue that 38% are white . But I can almost guarantee out of the collective of welfare recipients . The majority of them voted democratic . Simple based on the promises that were made . the original point had nothing to do with race ,it does have to do with the demographics of the population . It simply states that the poor will continue to vote in favor of elected officials that are willing to in turn award more to the less fortunate .
If I promise you free milk and cookies if you vote for me and the other guy says you have to work to get milk and cookies . Whos going to get more votes ?