How long does it take for frags to open?

Gmaw

I realize that may not be the correct terminology but being new to frags, I'm not sure what to call it. I received 5 frags two days ago and I see change or opening of four of them. I don't know if I need to wait longer on the last one or if it is dead.

You need to post a pic so people can see what you are talking about. Also, what kind of coral frags are they? You need to know the requirements of that coral. May be it is too much light, or not enough. Too much or too little of current. Lots of answers can be given. Water parameters such as temp, salinity or SG....how did you acclimate the frags?

Gmaw

I realize that may not be the correct terminology but being new to frags, I'm not sure what to call it. I received 5 frags two days ago and I see change or opening of four of them. I don't know if I need to wait longer on the last one or if it is dead.
I hope this picture will help. I don't even know what it is. All your help is deeply appreciated.

Attachments

The picture is a little grainy, but to me it looks like a type of candy cane coral; also called torch coral and a couple of other names. They are a hardy LPS type, large polyp stony coral.

They are awesome corals that have long sweeper tenticles that come out at night. See the link below and you can get a quick basic idea of what their needs are. From the picture I cant tell if the coral has a problem or not.

Hope this helps.

http://m.***********.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=597+2856+454&pcatid=454