How long to open?

I had just bought a clam at 1:20 eastern time and its open a alittle but not full way.
param -
nitrate-8
nitrite/amonia-0
ph-8.2-8.3
calcium- 500
Lighting= 156 wattT-5 4 HO with reflectors (as of now tin foil XD)
clam is on protient skimmer pump so its up super high (4 inches from top of tank)
thank you and a quik reply will and would be helpful

candycane

Huh? What kind of clam is it and why is it on the pump, the vibrations from the pump might be bothering it a bit.

well as of now my t-5 arnt delivered and i only have pc and it wotn fit in my bio cube( full alrdy) so i had to find a close place to the light
im not sure what type but all i nko its a corecea

candycane

Well to begin with it takes a few hours if not a few days to fully open. If it's not falling into a it's shell, like you can see the mantle (flesh of the clam) hanging over the edge of the shell, then it will most likely be ok.
I would get it off the powerhead because it is probably vibrating every organ the thing has and irritating it.
T-5 lights are REALLY not enough light for a crocea. They need halides about 99.9% of the time.

candycane

If you put the lights 1/16th of an inch over the crocea, it probably still wouldn't be enough light. It would be unsafe because the lights most likely aren't waterproof.....
Why would your tank not support halides? Like why would it be overkill.........

my tank is only a total of 38 gallons and i already had a 150 watt metal halide light that boiled the water so i had to down grade due to no chiller...

candycane

I've got 4 30 gallon tanks that are no more then 18 inches tall that all have 250 watt pendants over them that are about 2 feet off the water and I don't even have to run a fan on any of them. My heater still kicks on during the day. I take it the light that you used had stand legs and sat on the edge of your tank?

reefmate75

if you dont want to go with MH could always go with the old school VHOs but MH are the best choice and if it heats up your tank put some fans on it or raise it off the tank, being your tank is only 12" tall you could probly get by with 3 feet off the top of the water

well i have got egg crate setup for the clam (pics sooon) that allows it to get optimal light 2 inch from where water surface end and 5 inch from light so i think its pretty happy