How long until anemone and clown become friends??

newatsalt

We have a skunk clown and we just put in an anemone for her....she is looking at it and seems curious, but no friendship. How long until she will accept it?

angelsrock

depends, some take to them right away, others a little longer. also it depends on the kind of anemone you get cause some clowns are specific on the type of anemone you get. if you don't get the right kind they won't host to it at all.

teresaq1

mine hosted a green mushroon, now the female has discovered the grass mushrooms, and now she just rubbbs around in them and snuggles. its soo funny to watch.

ophiura

Yup, hard to know.
I believe some people have "experimented" with taping a picture of another clownfish on the outside of the tank. Sometimes that "encourages" the fish to claim the anemone as a territory before that other fish does....

scubadoo

Originally Posted by ophiura
Yup, hard to know.
I believe some people have "experimented" with taping a picture of another clownfish on the outside of the tank. Sometimes that "encourages" the fish to claim the anemone as a territory before that other fish does....
I taped some nekid pics of the Golden Girls on my tank...my fish committed suicide

ophiura

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo
I taped some nekid pics of the Golden Girls on my tank...my fish committed suicide

Do you recommend this as an effective fish trap to remove unwanted fish from the system (use with caution)? Would it work for mantis shrimp? :notsure:

scubadoo

Originally Posted by ophiura
Do you recommend this as an effective fish trap to remove unwanted fish from the system (use with caution)? Would it work for mantis shrimp? :notsure:

For the evil mantis shrimp I recommend placing a TV in fornt of the system and playing a non-stop marathon of Richard Simmons Sweatin to The Oldies Tapes.

Please be advised that the Surgeon General has determined that watching and listening to non-stop Richard Simmons tapes can be hazardous to your health...and the health of a mantis shrimp. :help:

carshark

Originally Posted by ScubaDoo

hahahahahah