How many and what size powerheads do you recommend for a 65 gallon tank?

turbosnax

I just built a new stand to accomodate a refugium underneath and will be switching over soon (which will be a huge project in itself). But, I would like to update my powerheads when I do this. I do have corals, mostly polyps, mushrooms, favia, frogspawn, etc.
So - I have a ReaSea wavemaker pro and currently have 4 Maxijets hooked up which are starting to sound pretty bad. I wanted to replace them with the Hydor Koralia Evolutions. My question is - what size do I get?
Here are the specs from the website. I was thinking 4 750's...is this too much flow though?

Model

Flow Rate

Watts

Dimensions

Freshwater
Aquariums

Saltwater
Aquariums

550 gph

4.5W

2-7/8" x 5-3/4"

40-70 gallons

25-40 gallons

750 gph

4.5W

2-7/8" x 5-3/4"

50-90 gallons

30-50 gallons

1,050 gph

5W

2-7/8" x 5-3/4"

70-125 gallons

45-75 gallons

1,400 gph

6W

2-7/8" x 5-3/4"

90-160 gallons

55-90 gallons

Thanks for your help.

acrylic51

A lot depends on the flow your trying to achieve inside the DT.....There are tons of things that will dictate flow and flow needs and your biggest being your rock layout.....That is what hinders most with achieving good flow through the DT.....What kind of corals you currently have, and what your intentions of keeping as well......But all in all I would plan more flow than what you think, because as things grow in and tank fills the flow will be cut. Better to have more than not enough.....Extra flow can always be slowed down or such till it's fully needed.....