How many fish?

captain nemo

How many Percula Clownfish - Aquacultured can be put in a 70 gallon tank?
Tanks Vilteration Syste:
50 lbs LR
Bio
Skimmer
UV Light
Moon Lights
Wave Maker
Local Residences:
Cleaning Crew
1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Scooter Blenney
1 Brittle Star
Thanks.....................

socal57che

I concur. Research clowns and you will find that they are territorial. If you create an obstruction in the center of the tank you may be able to keep 2 pair in opposite ends. Start with juveniles so you don't end up with all females.

pco1988

You can get a whole family, start them all as juv. and one will grow up into a female, another a male and the others will stay unsexed just like in the reef.
Personally though i would just get a pair.

socal57che

True percs are more aggressive than false percs (ocellaris).
This is why I recommend only one pair...maybe two.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by pco1988
You can get a whole family, start them all as juv. and one will grow up into a female, another a male and the others will stay unsexed just like in the reef.
Personally though i would just get a pair.
The pair will want to drive away the others. I don't think a 70 gallon will be enough room at that point.

srfisher17

This all depends on age. Are you talking about fish that have already paired up? Then 2 pair should be ok. If you want juvis; you can get a bunch, let them pair up, claim their territory, and then deal with the problem of getting the others out. Sounds like you may be thinking of breeding them; if so, I'd suggest you post in the breeding section.
Personal note: I see you're in Elko and miss the keys. I went to College in Reno, then lived in the Keys for a few years a lifetime ago.