How many Fish?

olingerjccj

How many fish would you put in a 47gal sw tank. Not including my cleaner shrimp and snails. I Have 50lbs of live rock and 30lbs of sand. I did not want a deep sand bed so not to get stuff trapped in the sand bed. I am only getting reef safe fish.

A

azul1994

I would say probably 6 fish, MAYBE seven, but they would all have to be really small and peaceful, its not really the fact that they wont fit its the issue of territory.

ibew41

you cant go by numbers its more about how much room each fish needs if they get along with others and what they need to eat.ex you might have 5 clowns but you cant have 5 manderins

A

azul1994

Today 03:17 PM
IBEW41 you cant go by numbers its more about how much room each fish needs if they get along with others and what they need to eat.ex you might have 5 clowns but you cant have 5 manderins
You can only have 2 clowns per tank.

markw

Of corse that doesnt mean go out and buy 5 Hippo Tangs, but make sure the adult sizes. Id say 5-6 is ideal.

olingerjccj

Really have nothing in my tank yet. Still another 2 weeks till I add fish. Im sure I will have to add a Ocellaris Clownfish just because for the Movie Finding Nemo. From there Im not sure I like this guy a Green Mandarin but it states a difficult fish to care for. So I still searching.

mcbdz

Weclome to SWF.
No manderine please.

Search under gobys, blennys, basselets, chromis, cardinals, dwarf angels, some wrasses(sixline, cornis, fairy, flasher), Hawkfish, dartfish.
Would avoid damsels exept chromis and clowns which are in the same family.
Hope this helps give you a please to start looking.

When you get a wish list together, post it and will help you decide if they are compatible.