How much do triggers eat?

120fowlr

This is the first time I've owned a trigger so I don't know how much they eat. I'm used to puffers and they eat like pigs.
My Blue Throat Trigger is 4" big and he eats around 1 cube of food a day. I give him a cube of scallop and he eats 1/2 of it. I then offer him mysis shrimp and he eats about 1/2 of cube of that and then just stops.
I've had him for about 2 weeks and he looks plump and fine. Is this how much they eat or is there something wrong with my trigger?

hammerhed7

sounds about right, my blue jaw is about the same size, and eats about the same amount. My blue Jaw is not as an aggressive eater as other triggers I have had.

ccampbell57

My Clown trigger (5") eats at least 1 cube a day. If he could eat more he will. My niger (6") eats less, but is still an aggressive eater. My Male Crosshatch (9") eats 3-5 full size silversides and 1 cube (piggy)

mess88

My clown trigger eats like a pig. He will eat 3-5 cubes a day. He's about 5 1/2 inches. He can pretty much eat 2 cubes at a time. He get about 4 cubes a day. He's pretty much alway hungry. Not sure who eat more , my poc. puffy or my trigger.

ironeagle2006

I have 2 trigs a Huma Huma 4 inch and a 6 inch Niger combined they eat maybe 2 cubes plus the pelletized ocean nutrition medim pellets . Here is a treat for you triggers will love takeeither a clam or mussel frozen cut it in half and drop it in the tank and watch them go.

E

emeralcrab

My humu humu is a really pig, it is a battle between my porc.pine and him to see who can eat the most. He never stops until its all gone. And of course he is pretty wide for a trigger.

slackjawed

Originally Posted by 120FOWLR
http:///forum/post/2466707
This is the first time I've owned a trigger so I don't know how much they eat. I'm used to puffers and they eat like pigs.
My Blue Throat Trigger is 4" big and he eats around 1 cube of food a day. I give him a cube of scallop and he eats 1/2 of it. I then offer him mysis shrimp and he eats about 1/2 of cube of that and then just stops.
I've had him for about 2 weeks and he looks plump and fine. Is this how much they eat or is there something wrong with my trigger?
hay bud feed them feeder gold fish or miniowz i have 10 triggers in my tank they eat like 25 fish a day + brine shrimp