How Much Money?

cslawso

What would be a good price to pay for an all glass 12o gal with stand, canopy,MH's, powerheads, sump, skimmer and heaters?

saltfan

New or used? this thread is in the DIY sectionl, so I would say build your own tank, MUCH cheaper than buying one and the stand.
But, the tank $$ would also depend on if it was drilled or not also.
Skimmer= anywhere from $99 to $500
So it all depends on what you are looking for exactly, and or what exactly we are ginving you numbers for.

cslawso

I Just Called The Guy Thats Selling It. The Aquarium Is Used And Still Up And Running At His House. It Is All Glass Brand With Stand And Custom Canopy Housing 2 Pendant Mh Fixtures...(he Wasnt Sure Of The Wattage)...he Said He Has A Sealife Sump Underneath With A Protein Skimmer In It. He Said He Also Has 4 Hagen Power Heads. He Wants To Sell Me All Of This For 450.00. Sounds Like A Good Deal But Will I Need To Buy Anything Else Or Is This Enough Equipment? I Know I Would Want Some Moon Lighting. My Question Though Is A Sump A Kind Of Filtration If You Place Bio Balls In It? Not Sure What I Need To Do?

greg803

yes it is a filter but unless it is a fish only tank I would not use bio balls I would use live rock rubble in the sump

saltfan

$450!!! Jump all over it.... Then all you need is 150lbs of LR, and your good to go... :joy: