How Much Sould LFS Charge for RO Water

toeknee

it is $1.00 here, I am waiting on my unit which is coming on the 3rd.
just curious to see what the cheapest around is so I can go beat up the lfs to sell it cheaper.

lexluethar

Woah! Mine charges 40 cents a gallon for RO/DI and $1.00 for RO/DI with salt.
If i was paying 80+ cents a gallon I would definately look into buying a RO unit. I live in a small town (150,000) so that may have something to do with the cost (although supply/demand would dictate that the price would be higher).

fishygurl

LFS are too exspensive... I go to Commerce Water or whatever and its 20 cents a gal, if you buy 500 gallons. So thats what i do and all you have to do is go there bring your jugs fill em up tell em how many gallons u took they mark it and you go out. Very nice other than the fact you have to carry the jugs to the tank, and storage room.

dlauber

My walmart has a culligan water dispenser in the back that sells RO water (not sure about DI) for 25cents a gallon
Ive never used it (yet), but I assume you can fill your own buckets or jugs

m0nk

My LFS sells RO/DI water for 70 cents/gallon, but the local grocery and all local Walmarts have RO water outlets at 30 cents/gallon. The catch there is the LFS sells it with the de-ionization step so it's specifically for SWF. I have been taking the cheap route, personally, for over a year. Though on Thursday I finally bought an RO/DI unit and am already putting it to great use.

1tang2nemo

my LFS charges .25 for RO .35 for RO/DI and .50 for premixed salt but you have to buy a petclub card for $10 to get those prices.

maeistero

watch out for those of you using wallymart and local grocery store water. culligan isn't the best.
testing has proven that their tds levels aren't consistent and sometimes the water is tap. some store managers can't wait for the cully guy to show up.
my typhoon is one of the best saltwater items i've ever bought. i thought of it as a hohum item at the time, but it has saved me thousands over the years.

lion_crazz

The cheapest in Philly is .50 a gallon, but a few stores I have seen sell it for $1.00 and one sells it for $1.50 - for just RO water.