How much sustrate?

ecoman

I am going to use cc sustrate, and I was just wondering if anyone has opinions as to how much I should use.. I have at least 2 inches, have not added water or salt yet...

anthony17

Have You Bought The Cc Yet??? If Not I Would Just Go Ahead And Buy Live Sand From What Ive Heard Its Alot Better And Helps Set Up A Much Better Tank...

yimmy

I have cc, i believe ls is better though. Many people say CC is horrible because it traps nitrates. I would keep it as thin as you could, mine is less than an inch. If you have the money go for LS, I wish I did that in the 1st place.

T

the_fish

well i am not going to get to much into this topic but have about an inch and no more and invest in a very good cleanup crew and you should be fine. jmo

27mtaylor

I have CC and I have is spread about 1" high. My nitrates stay around 15ppm. When I had the CC at 3", my nitrates were at 40ppm. Get a good clean up crew and a skimmer and it should help keep your nitrates low.

ecoman

yea i have a seaclone 100 here. I would really hate not using the cc as i have already had it set up but had to take down due to a dissintegrating tank! The sustrate was cycled for about a week, but that dont matter since it has been dried up, right? I could use the existing sustrate for planting material... Is it better to use sand because the impurities cannot penetrate deep into it? If I switch to LS, how much would I need for a 75 gallon tank?