How much to feed anemone?

hallzy

I am feeding him krill right now because thats the only thing I have right now that is big enough for me to hold and put in his tentacles. Is this a good food for him, and how many pieces and how often should I feed?

mr.clownfish

yeah they like that but try and cut it to the size of its mouth, or else they cant properly eat it. and also try feeding silver sides and brine shrimp.

invertcrazy

They will take any meaty foods as long as it's smaller than it's mouth as Mr.C said. The smaller the pieces the better because it takes less energy to digest the food. Clams,shrimp,squid, scallops,krill,silversides chopped up real small or put in a blender( not liquified just chopped small ) put in a baggie and in the freezer. When ready to feed break a piece , thaw in a cup with tank water and feed with turkey baster. There are other ways of doing this but this works for me. Hope this helps.

flower

I feed my anemone only once every two weeks, at the most once a week. A little chunk of thawed raw shrimp and he is good to go.

I feed my anemones squid, scallops, PE mysis, raw shrimp and some times very small pieces of silversides. I feed them once a week some times once every two weeks. I don't feed my anemones krill, they don't seem to care for it. They always spit it out later.

hallzy

Originally Posted by sea_nacl_h2o
http:///forum/post/3014100
I feed my anemones squid, scallops, PE mysis, raw shrimp and some times very small pieces of silversides. I feed them once a week some times once every two weeks. I don't feed my anemones krill, they don't seem to care for it. They always spit it out later.
Yeah mine ate it at first, but isnt taking to it too much anymore. When you do feed them, how big of a serving do u usually feed?

cloienc27

I usually feed my sebae once a week. Usually b/c of the others in my tank it is a mixture of brine shrimp and cyclopeeze. It thrives on it. I try to keep it all on schedule. If I feed on a saturday, I try to feed again on a saturday or no more than 2 days later. Anything after that, it starts to get a little puny!

Originally Posted by hallzy
http:///forum/post/3014121
Yeah mine ate it at first, but isnt taking to it too much anymore. When you do feed them, how big of a serving do u usually feed?
Sorry I'm not on SWF.com much.. I feed my anemones about a teaspoon of food.

bang guy

But there are a whole bunch of bristle worms. Are too many bad?
If it really is what you consider "too many" then it's probably from overfeeding. If you feed less the Bristleworm population will most likely decrease. If you manually remove the worms and continue to overfeed then what is there in your tank to consume the excess food?

To remove Bristleworms wrap some meaty seafood loosely in a section of clean pantyhose. Set a rock on it so it stays put and the next day it should have a lot of worms in it to be thrown out.

I'll repeat though - the Bristleworms are eating something. If you remove the worms and nothing eats whatever they were eating then it will just rot and pollute your system.

1st tank

I know there are still bristle worms in the tank because I saw them in the sand yesterday evening and this morning, but we did get rid of some yesterday.