How time for OJ?

sigmachris

As the poll says, how much time will OJ Simpson be sentenced to today for his kidnapping and burglary case in Vegas?
For those who don't know, his defense already has been asking the judge to only sentence him to 6 years (the minimum) so he is finally serving time.
Edit - sorry I forgot the word "much" in the title...I need another cup of coffee!

renogaw

i'm going to bet that he gets 18 to life simply due to all the charges he was found guilty on. especially since everyone thinks he got off unfairly on the murder charge for his wife.

sigmachris

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/2864157
i'm going to bet that he gets 18 to life simply due to all the charges he was found guilty on. especially since everyone thinks he got off unfairly on the murder charge for his wife.
As much as I would like to see him get life the judge won't do that and risk his reputation just for the sentence to be reduced in appeals. The judge won't take the past case into consideration but I could be wrong.
I voted 8 to 10 but it wouldn't surprise me to see him get the minimum 6 years.

lexluethar

While a lot of people want him to get more because of the balk he got a while back you can't take that into account. That isn't how the judicial system works, and honestly not how a fair trial would go.
I believe he got what he should have go, 11 - 15 years - essentially because he had a gun there.

renogaw

Originally Posted by LexLuethar
http:///forum/post/2864598
While a lot of people want him to get more because of the balk he got a while back you can't take that into account. That isn't how the judicial should system works, and honestly not how a fair trial would go.
I believe he got what he should have go, 11 - 15 years - essentially because he had a gun there.

i edited that for you. i can't see how that jury could not have had in the back of their mind his wife's murder trial. its been 15 years worth of people thinking he should have gone to jail for it.