How To Catch A Lion FIsh ???

squidd

I just grab him by the lower lip, like when I'm Bass fishing ;)
Just KIDDING,
Actualy the tupperware/bucket is the best way especialy with a large finned fish like a Lion or one with a switchblade like a Tang or one with scratchy scales like a Shark or any of the fish with gill plates:rolleyes:
:cool:

Just got back from vacation so only just noticed this thread. I herd mine using a wide plastic spatula with a long handle (it's blue don't know if it makes a difference if it is a clear one or some color) and a small white pail as was mentioned above. My reasoning is that the color spatula is alarming to him so he will swim away from it making it a good herding device. The pail is white which I'm thinking may be a less alarming color to him so he will be more likely to feel safe swimming into it. I've only had to do it once when he was much smaller. Worked well. Easier with two people if you have a big tank. As mentioned, I also try to avoid nets whenever possible because too much can go wrong. Plus, nets get caught on live rock and the spatula doesn't. I use this same wide spatula (purchased for this purpose at a popular chef store) and small pail no matter what I'm trying to catch. Works every time with minimal stress (I hope) and no injury to the fish.