How to catch crabs (oh, your silly)

glowplug

So yeah my emerald crab is trying to rip my new zoos apart, hes had them stressed out since day 2 and its time to go for him, Any tips to get him out of there? Everytime I try he crawls deeper into the rocks! One time he stuck out his claw and showed it to me like he has weapons! Little bugger!

fishieness

buy a lion fish. reef safe and he will eventualy get rid of your crab.

and i use that joke way too much..... but it would work. lol

glowplug

If I try bbq tongs id probably kill him! Which would still be better than the current situation, but not quiet desirable! :help:

nofish4u!!

I caught a rock crab one time by taking a 12oz plastic soda bottle, cut the top off, flipped it around (so the neck portion is facing into the base of the bottle) and put some food inside the bottle. I left in there over night and woke up to the crab eating inside the bottle. Good luck with your crab!

moby

nofish4U, thats a great idea! A homemade crab trap, cool!

Public restrooms
Phixer, they haven't booted you from this forum yet?!?!

Moby

S

sinner's girl

take a piece of raw shrimp, wait for the crab to get it, and then get the crab...I've never had a problem getting inverts to come out for food.
tip, keep inverts well fed and they are less likely to bother others.

chipmaker

Take a drinking glass (preferably clear glass) and lay it at about a 45 deg angle with a bit of shrimp on the bottom. Place it so the top edge is against live rock or so that the crab can access the top edge so it can crawl down, actually once it starts to crawl down it slides down, and then it can not get backup. Then just lift glass from tank along with the crab......