how to clean seaclone skimmer

peonleon2

I need to know how i should clean my protien skimmer, Its been running a while now and there are some build up of stuff inside it. I dont know if i can take it apart but dont want to try and break a seal that i shouldnt. Please let me know the best way to do so. Right now i just have it in my sink filled with hot water but need to do a good cleaning.
leon c

krazy302

I would get a tube cleaner to clean the tube from the inside of your tank to the skimmer. Then to clean the main body, if you remove the O ring from the top of the canister the inside tube will come out.. the o ring does come just be carfeful not to rip it.. I got mine out with my finger nail... that is how I take mine apart to clean it..

shookbrad

Have either of you come up with a good way to adjust your skimmer. I just put one on my 10 gallon quarantine tank and am getting why too weat of foam.

acrylic51

Best way to clean it is put it under back of car and back over it........ :hilarious Sorry couldn't resist, but you could take it out of tank and run it in a vinegar bath to clean it up........