How to frag snails?

doc308

I'm having some difficulty and wanted to get everyone's input.
I've enclosed some pics to help identify the problem.
Please feel free to help if you can.
I tried another board and didn't get much response so I thought I'd kick up the title a bit to stimulate some reads. Sorry everyone, just my odd sense of humor and the hopes that someone will offer some help and their opinion. Okay, not to waste any more of your time...
Current Setup:

24g Nano
35 lbs live rock
deep sand bed
ricordea frag
flowerpot coral
purple mushrooms
zoa frags
kenya tree
GSP
featherduster
hammer coral
1 clown, 1 yellow watchman goby, 5 assorted CUC snails
water quality very stable normal for 7 weeks now
PROBLEM:

I've got quite a bit of bare spots on my reef and sand areas. Each rock I have in the tank is pretty much isolated from the others with the intent of having a separate species growing on each.
I'm looking to add
--a couple of small duncans
--a coco worm on the sand near a crevice between the rockwork
--replace the flowerpot with a bubble coral
--add a couple of favia and/or chalice frags.
The way I'm hoping to arrange it will leave growing room yet allow me do fragging of anything that overgrows. Here's a couple of quick pics of what I have now and what I'm hoping will work. Please let me know if you have any ideas about compatibilities. Thanks!!!

nigerbang

Duncans are sweet!! I bought a peice with 6 heads at MACNA and now its about 20 heads....Lemme see if I can dig up a pic..
Here is an older pic

doc308

that's a sweet duncan! 20 heads rocks. the one I saw had 3 heads and we immediately wanted it.

doc308

that's a killer deal! the 3 head duncan is 75 at my lfs. do you know if macna is going to be in atlanta this year?

nigerbang

LoL....
Luckly around Atlanta we have about 10-12 super nice stores..and countless other seedy stores

doc308

oh yeah, I remember. I lived there awhile back in the 90's and you guys have some great places. freaking braves this year. I don't know if I'll watch them now that smoltz is gone. funny thing is jeff francoeur's dad was my principal in elementary school.
Anyway, I'm going to chattanooga this w/e to check out Bermuda Triangle Fish Store for a possible acan.

doc308

we have a small club here but I haven't joined yet. something to do this week it seems. we actually have 2 lfs here that are decent but nothing like atlanta.

nigerbang

We had one of the best stores on the east coast (cappuchino bay) but they went under in August.. Fortunatly we have others that really stepped it up when CB went under..

doc308

we just got a new store with a lot of cheap frags. the new owner made millions in some other type of business and supposedly has a 2 story house filled with frag tanks and is selling some of the frags.
I hate to see fish stores going under, especially the good ones. we have a cheesy one here that sells about every other type of animal on the planet and has about 10 salt tanks. stinks of lizard crap and kitty litter. you can almost see the ich crawling out of the tanks. i'm not kidding the fish act almost as if begging everyone to take them home. this place wanted $50 for a 2 inch GSP. good LFS go under, but somehow this dive makes it. I don't get it.