How to frag xenia?

richard rendos

Cut them at the base with a razor or use fishing line...loop line around xenia base and pull each end. Then use super glue gel to glue the xenia to the rock you would like it to be on. Take rock and xenia out of tank...dry off the end of the xenia and the rock...apply super glue to each...stick them together...put in a small container with water from your aquarium for a few minutes to let glue set up...add back to main tank...throw out water from container (don't put it back in main tank)

broncofish

Originally posted by NewBe Reefer
There's a cool little video on Garf's website showing how to frag Xenia.

When you watch that video the first time your like "ohhh ahhhh that had to hurt" But I use their method exclusively when fraging my xenia:D

searcher

I've never been able to get the super glue to stick to xenia's or mushrooms. So I just jam the frags into a hole in the live rock. The frags take a day or two to get out of the hole. During which time they become attached to the rock. It's worked for me so far around 10 different times.

lakeman70

when I frag my xenia I put a single stitch through the base and tie them to a small piece of rock. This has worked for me every time.