How to get alkalinity right

lerch

I am trying to get my coraline algea to grow and I have the calcium right but I don't know how to get the alkalinity right, any ideas.

q

Use a buffer. I use seachem reef builder. Just follow the directions on the back to dose.

treble

Mix 1/2 cup of baking soda with 1 cup of water throughly mix. Then take 2.5 mL and put it into your tank. This will raise alkalinity about 2dkh. Wait another 24 hours and then do it again untill you get the right alkalinity. Worked great for me, and no money/

ofalegend

Lerch,
I had the same problem, and I am using a product called Superbuffer dKH made my Kent. It's supposed to buffer both the PH and the KH. From what I understand, the KH helps to stabilize the DH. I got a good size container for about $9.00, which should be enough to last a year in my 55 gallon! So far its raised the PH from 7.7 to 8.0-8.1, and the dKH is up from about 8 to 11. Seems to be working well :)
~M

kdlbem

I also use the Kent pro buffer DKH, and I like it. I use a capful every morning, before the lights come on. It keeps everything right where I want it.
B

kris

before I agree or disagree with any of the above posts, perhaps you should DEFINE not right.
You did not mention if it high or low-or how much so-big factor here.