How to keep folks from tappin' on the tank

bean 1

I was thinking about setting up a large display tank in my office waiting room but I'm a little concerned about the patients tapping on the tank and stressing the fish out. I see folks at the LFS all the time banging and slapping the glass. Any suggestions? I want to be diplomatic without losing all my patients.
Thanks...Bean

stapler

I think that last one would be the best. Nice melody!
Although the m14 idea would keep them well away from the glass.:yes:

leopard_babe

Get a big tank. Then get a sign: If you tap on the glass, then you will be feed to the fish. I think that your tank will be fine. I am a nurse, and at the hospital I used to wok at we had a fish tank. The parent (aka the ones that can read) were the ones tapping on the tank. They were just honestly showing their children the fish. We put up a sign, and the taping was reduced. There was still the occational tapper.

D

daniel411

Just explain that any lab test results could be altered by them tapping on the glass. :D

yellowtail

make it an inwall but back about 2" and then put a coating b4 the glass. so they arent actually tapping on the tank

that wasnt very funny:mad:

lovethesea

Hopefully Dr. Bean isn't a psych Dr. He will have us all commited

Our Dr. had a polite sign as stated. But people still let their kids bang on it. The last time I was there, he had some ropes (the kind you see when in the movie line) around it, still with the polite sign hanging from the velvet roping AND the tank.
I think most got the idea.. :)

drakken

Originally posted by waterfaller1
Bob,have you been drinking too much tap water today??:confused:
~~~~

Maybe he has been indulging in "plant life".

j/k!!

mr. tuna

write a sign saying:
DO NOT TOUCH THE GLASS!!!
.. then if they dont listen........ feed them to the fish.