how to make kent scapers stronger!

zack schwartz

I have corrallin growing akk over the place. I have a kent scarper but it really not so great with a coralline. LFS suggested to use sand paper and sharpen it what do u think of thqt what else can I use on my ARCULIC (sp?) tank? Cridt cards same with the scrapper!:mad:

The sand paper will really scratch the acryclic.... Don't use that.. I have heard good things about credit cards,,, just need a little elbow grease.

surfnturf

If you use sand paper to sharpen the scraper, a speck or two of sand could get impregnated in the plastic on the scraper and scratch your tank, I wouldn't do it. You might try a mag float scrubber.

surfnturf

Zack, I dont know what to tell you, I don't know of any way to remove coralline without damaging acrylic coralline is much tougher than acrylic, hopefully someone else will jump in.

mini-reefer

Ive used the Kent plastic scraper on an acrylic tank to remove coralline before. You just have to use some elbow grease and work on one little area at a time. This particular tank had coralline starting to block a good percentage of the view on the front of the tank. Thats the only time I personally would remove the stuff.

ironreef

Best way is to go buy 30lbs dumbells. And do 4 sets of 10-20 reps. Then go use some elbow grease= need to scrub hard. But the best way is to do a little everytime then keep up on it. But I would only worry about the fornt and the side =viewing