How to set up a closed loop???

mpls man

I'm wondering if you can make a closed loop without drilling holes in the tank, i've herd you can eliminate powerheads this way by running a wavemaker in the setup , any help would be great.

golfish

Originally posted by MPLS MAN
I'm wondering if you can make a closed loop without drilling holes in the tank, i've herd you can eliminate powerheads this way by running a wavemaker in the setup , any help would be great.

I did that on my last tank. Have you ever used a canister filter? Just picture the way you would run the lines on that, replace the canister with a pump and you have a closed loop. You can make the lines out of PVC...the pump you use will determine the PVC size. You can use as many returns as you'd like.
HTH

wrassie86

A search would give you a alot more info.But for mine i have a intake tube with strainer in the tank that runs to the pump.the the output of the pump is then branched into 2 and returned to the tank.all made with pvc no drilling requried.

mpls man

I have done a search but did not find any info on how to make a closed loop from pvc, i do have a spare mag7 that i would like to use, do you have any pic's of your setup, that would be great. from the way it sounds is you have a line coming from the tank to the pump then back up to the tank and spread through multiple lines??