How

blackjacktang

Xenias are very fast growers. They will some times split, make more polyps, drop heads of some, and then you frag them.
They are very tuff corals. All you reall need to do is cut off a stem or a stalk.
I hade mine 3 weeks befor it split into to xenias. I also found a 2 polyp xenia growing in the back of my tank.

reefkprz

I use the xenias ability to grow as my only fragging technique for them. I either split the rock they have spread accross dicviding the colony that way or place smaller rocks all around the colony so they spread onto the rocks then remove them once they have attached completly to the loose rock.
lots of peole cut and re-attach xenia I have rotten luck that way but a lot of people have sucess with cutting them.

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
http:///forum/post/2612652
I use the xenias ability to grow as my only fragging technique for them. I either split the rock they have spread accross dicviding the colony that way or place smaller rocks all around the colony so they spread onto the rocks then remove them once they have attached completly to the loose rock.
good idea i hadnt thought of that. thats what i was looking for ingenious new ideas