HUGE cyano outbreak

barry cuda

I've been battling hair algae and mild cyano for several weeks in the 100g now...I came home from a business trip today and the cyano was just out of control. It was like somebody had wrapped a bunch of the rocks in red mylar.
I assume the hair/cyano is the result of overfeeding and possibly insufficient cleanup crew. I have a light bioload (2 Banggais and a small foxface) in the tank so far, lit with 260W 50/50 PCs on 8 hours a day. Nitrates always test between 0 and 5 but I assume this is largely because the hair algae is sucking up all the nitrates. I haven't bothered with a phosphate kit since reading that there aren't any accurate ones available. I've tried increasing flow in affected areas, but it hasn't seemed to help. I even have it right at the output of one of the powerheads. Water source is RO/DI.
I'm trying to fight the stuff by scrubbing it off the rocks with a toothbrush where it's really bad, reducing feedings, and adding more snails to help clean up detritus. I just put in two fighting conchs which are doing a great job of stirring up sand in their end of the tank, but still the cyano keeps spreading. Is there anything else I can do?