Huge pack of LARGE bristleworms

scotts2002

I have a 150 gallon cube, about 3 feet by 3 feet by 3 feet - exact measuremnets aren't known because I'm at work, fish only with some mushrooms. I've always had bristleworms and not worried about them until this weekend when I feed the tank and it was as if an army of 5-10, 5-7 inch, bristleworms came out from under the LR. I wouldn't be concerned except that there were so many of that size. They don't seem to bother the brittle starfish,2, that I have but I just don't want to have that many. It sort of detracts from the fish when I feed them and someone reacts with a "Holy crap, what are those!?!". :scared:
What methods can be used to capture them and keep the population under control?
Would a Coral Banded shrimp eat something that large? If so, how would a Coral Banded react with 2 Cleaner shrimp? I don't want to go with an Arrow Crab because I've seen them go after fish.

bang guy

Bristleworm population are 100% dependent on the amount of food. If you have an excessive amount of them then you are feeding too much.
If you choose to remove the worms then you'll have to find something else to eat the excess food or your water quality will suffer greatly.

40 galons

they do make traps to catch the worms but they are likely to repopulate if you dont get them all. like the previous post says if u do remove them all find something else to repalace them with