Hunger Strike..

ca161406

"I don't mind stealiin bread, from the.."
no not the song..
my SFE.

Was feeding it H2O Life(i think thats the brand) silver sides and vitamin soaked scallops. 3 days ago i picked up some Ocean Nutrition silver sides and now it hasn't touched them since i switched. it only took 1 bite out of a scallop and thats all its eaten in 3 days.
i know they can go weeks but still its just kinda one of those things you don't like to wait out. should i get some of the silver sides that its use to, or just wait it out till he eats the ones i have/ the scallops and squid i offer ?
thanks

ca161406

because the only store that sells that brand is waay overpriced for even a super small pack of them.
i just got it to eat a lil bit of squid though :)

meowzer

Originally Posted by ca161406
http:///forum/post/3022808
because the only store that sells that brand is waay overpriced for even a super small pack of them.
i just got it to eat a lil bit of squid though :)
GOOD...I was going to suggest buying your food online then....

sepulatian

I am sure he will come around. Sometimes it helps, when switching foods, to rotate back and forth between the two until he get's used to the new brand.

unleashed

i tried the ocean nutritions silverslides once for my fish a while back and my fish wouldnt eat them either... i wasnt sure if it was just the packs i purchased or are all of them..i tried a few times..all the same results.. was it me or do they seam to be kinda mushy feeling? and larger... i normally buy the san fransisco bay(sallys).. my fish love those soaked in vit or not

ca161406

so today he ate half a silverside and another chunk of squid but is still looking for his old food.
when i get paid im prob just gonna order a bunch of frozen food online and stock up, it'll rush my new RODI unit im getting too lol. stupid unit i have you cant replace the chambers and im getting cyno :/
ive put some white shrimp in there(i have a qt tank full haha)
but everyone gets to them before the eel can. ive even put them in at night but my puffers still tag them first.
as for unleashed, i noticed that too, they are a lot bigger and not as firm as the H2O Life ones.(switching back with online order). also i noticed their "sides" arent as "silver" as others...hmm