Hydor Koralia

kjohansen

What are your thoughts on these?
They look like they work pretty slick.. Couple them with a surge power strip and you could get some good wave action.
Input anyone??

renogaw

iirc people are having trouble with them as a wave maker setup. but other than that, they are supposed to be awesome pumps.

puffer32

I use them on my 150 and have to say i love them. I was really having trouble keeping 2 of my PH from losing their grip on the glass and causing sand storms. But these pumps have magnets which work great. My sps are doing great with the extra flow in my tank and you can aim the heads about anywhere you have dead spots. I would highly recommend them, but i do not use them as wave makers.

michaeltx

those pumps are LARGE do a search on here they are much larger than they appear to be,
as far as what pumps it depends on your budget. some pumps can go as high $300
I would stay away from the rios and the super cheapies cause they will only cause problems later.
Mike

renogaw

it seems most people use maxijets in the tank, and mag pumps in the sump. if going large, then a lot will use little giant or others.

azaintcold

I use 4 #3 koralias in my 150 and a mag drive return pump. The only pump that is really big for the koralia is the #4. The others are fine. and work very well. They don't , however, work on wavemakers.

kjohansen

Originally Posted by renogaw
it seems most people use maxijets in the tank, and mag pumps in the sump. if going large, then a lot will use little giant or others.
Initially I am either going to do an Aquapod 24 HQI or a 30 gallon plexi with a sump and build my own nano reef. In a little bit I will start to put together a 125 or right around there.