I am a little offended.....

nwdyr

My thread was closed??? all we were doing was talkin about stuff going on here
I have seen threads with people calling each other names , talk about race , religion and yes even the "other" thing and they went on for a long time. Mine gets a few comments and bam I am on lock down
really? I have always liked this site and the people here , but I have to tell you that felt allot like big brother to me! I am sure I will be banned after this , but It is very sad , I have been here for 1yr and have a few posts. I just didn't think i deserved to be treated like that.

bigarn

I missed it,but i'm sure the mods won't lock this down without an explanation .. they're usually good like that. Hang in there Grump.

reefraff

Journeyman gave a pretty good explanation for the change. He maybe should have explained that the debate on the subject is closed when he posted but I assume that is why the thread was closed, they aint changing it.

nwdyr

I usually am not a "trouble maker" there seems to be allot of tension here lately. I hope it stops and we can all remain friends here on this site , but I guess that's up to them. It is their site after all

nwdyr

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2834762
Journeyman gave a pretty good explanation for the change. He maybe should have explained that the debate on the subject is closed when he posted but I assume that is why the thread was closed, they aint changing it.
I was just putting in my 2cents I guess I didn't realize they banned future threads or talks about it
My bad , I am sorry if I offended anyone

reefraff

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2834770
I was just putting in my 2cents I guess I didn't realize they banned future threads or talks about it
My bad , I am sorry if I offended anyone
I don't know if this is policy here but it does seem to be common. If a thread is opened talking about making a change that isn't going to happen they pretty much just shut it down because it serves no useful purpose.

reefraff

Originally Posted by nwdyr
http:///forum/post/2834766
I usually am not a "trouble maker" there seems to be allot of tension here lately. I hope it stops and we can all remain friends here on this site , but I guess that's up to them. It is their site after all
I can't speak for others but I have never taken anything said in a aquarium thread too seriously enough to hold a grudge against anyone

crimzy

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2834781
I can't speak for others but I have never taken anything said in a aquarium thread too seriously enough to hold a grudge against anyone
I do... and I currently have grudges against exactly 418 posters. Don't worry, Reef... you're on the list!!

tx reef

The thread about the their Auction site?
I didn't even know about the change until I read your thread. It appears that the overall opinion of what they did with the classifieds is negative judging by the lack of postings on the new site.
I will just sell my used equipment on R-C. They are out of their minds if they think I am going to give up 8% (3% paypal fee, 5% SWF fee) on anything I need to sell (I have sold maybe 5 or 6 items since I have been on this site).
A much better move would have been to shut down all selling, period. It makes them look greedy by charging to sell and setting up an auction site. I hope they don't make enough off of the auctions to cover the cost of the new site.
I also need to know how I can get off of their email list. I can promise you I will never buy another item from this site because of this move. I have spent at least $2,000 on this site, but as I said, they will never get another penny from me.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by TX Reef
http:///forum/post/2834854
The thread about the their Auction site?
I didn't even know about the change until I read your thread. It appears that the overall opinion of what they did with the classifieds is negative judging by the lack of postings on the new site.
I will just sell my used equipment on R-C. They are out of their minds if they think I am going to give up 8% (3% paypal fee, 5% SWF fee) on anything I need to sell (I have sold maybe 5 or 6 items since I have been on this site).
A much better move would have been to shut down all selling, period. It makes them look greedy by charging to sell and setting up an auction site. I hope they don't make enough off of the auctions to cover the cost of the new site.
I also need to know how I can get off of their email list. I can promise you I will never buy another item from this site because of this move. I have spent at least $2,000 on this site, but as I said, they will never get another penny from me.
Nwdyr, this is the reason i locked down your other thread. Threads like it invite posts like the one quoted here.
As I explained, the selling section was simply a bonus feature, to an already bonus forum offered by SWF.
No good deed goes unpunished I suppose....
Feel free to PM me or one of the other Mods if you believe we are being unfair. And, no, you are not on any ban list now