I cant stand hippies.

reefforbrains

Yep. Can't stand them. The smell is unbearable. The only thing worse than the smell is the sense of entitlement they beam while badgering you for change.
Got bothered for change today by some rediculous losers in a van today and I just got SO bothered by the sense of entitlement they had. They just would not take no for an answer. Just kept hounding me like vultures until I had to resort to being extremely blunt with them. Why do some people have to push and push until they are stopped?!!.
I dont like stopping people. I like answering a question and being polite. Showing respect. I expect the same in return. If someone is polite then even if it is something I dont want to do, any potential situation can be just bypassed at a simple NO and we each go our separate ways and neither party gives it a second thought.
Asking me for change is fine. If I say no, then I MEAN NO. I do NOT mean ask me again with more pity or angst. Intimidation and badgering from a stubbourn stranger is absurd to have to deal with.
I dont feel any debt to a stranger to have to explain WHY I wont give them a ride, or money, or even feel bad about thier situation.
Just a vent. Yep cant stand hippies.
Thought I would share.
Thanks for being there for me.
-RFB

renogaw

hmm, by hippy i think 70's guy, still in tye dye, smoking some reefer, with long hair and a bandana.
by your description, you're making me think homeless/hobo... is that what you mean? or are hippies resorting to bumming change??

shogun323

I have got to agree with you buddy. Although I am a huge fan of the Grateful Dead, hippies annoy me as well.
~Patchouli Oil is not an acceptible substitute for deoderant.
~Wearing tye-dyes and calling people rainbow brother do not give entitlement as RFB stated. A bum is a bum!!!
~Bootleg quality CD's are not enjoyable to listen to.

T

tizzo

I guess I never seen one.

I thought you meant the vagrants, but when Sho started talking about CD's and stuff...I got lost.
But I hate the marketplace people in other countries for the same reason!
I let my son shop. He was 13, and when he didn't come back on time, I had to go looking for him. I'm all panicked and they wanna sell me stuff! Relentless bastages!
Needless to say, I was ready to strangle my son for making me put up with those morons.

schnutzzy

In California we call them homeless. They have signs that say they will work for food. Take them up on it and see how fast they run

m0nk

Yeah, we have a fair share here too. I'm not big on using the word "hate", but I'm also not big on patchouli.

bronco300

sounds like some of the people in jamaica that want you to go on their tours...oh thursday is the best, can i set you up...no let us think about it and see what we have planned...ok, thursday is the best because blahblahblah, should i set you up? what you got going? WE"LL TALK ABOUT IT!....came back to us everyday...hey there, gives us the flyer...."you already talked to us about this..." the trip sounded fun until the 20minute conversation took place trying to tell him we'll talk about it and see if we can.

texasmetal

I hate bums. I don't mind hippies. Yes, Treehuggers qualify as hippies. I'm pretty much a hippie. I would rather play my guitar than go to work. I'd rather just let my hair grow. I'd rather see a forest than endless concrete and condominiums. I'd rather see a cow grazing in a pasture than being slaughtered to be served on a plate. But I have a job, and a haircut. I like beef. My grandparents taught me values and I treat people respectfully. I would prefer sitting around a campfire, living in a cave in the mountains of New Mexico, smoking some home-grown while jamming my accoustic. But, I'll just bite the barrel and deal with making money so I can afford my animals, a roof, running water to take a shower with, and food I didn't have to steal or kill.
I don't mind being called a Hippie.
My idea of a hippy is more like Jesus. Love each other. Treat each other right. Help each other out. Love the Earth. Treat Earth right. Help Earth out. And I'm Agnostic, so don't go there.

gmann1139

Originally Posted by KOgle
http:///forum/post/2659379
man reading this makes me think of that episode of southpark...
"Hippies. They say they want to change the world, but all they do is smoke p0t and smell bad. "
Die Hippies Die! Is still one of my favorite SP episodes.
That said, can't we call them neo-hippies or p0theads, which is what they are. I mean, at least the 'original' hippies stood for something other than the legalization of mar1juana.

shogun323

Originally Posted by TexasMetal
http:///forum/post/2659693
I hate bums. I don't mind hippies. Yes, Treehuggers qualify as hippies. I'm pretty much a hippie. I would rather play my guitar than go to work. I'd rather just let my hair grow. I'd rather see a forest than endless concrete and condominiums. I'd rather see a cow grazing in a pasture than being slaughtered to be served on a plate. But I have a job, and a haircut. I like beef. My grandparents taught me values and I treat people respectfully. I would prefer sitting around a campfire, living in a cave in the mountains of New Mexico, smoking some home-grown while jamming my accoustic. But, I'll just bite the barrel and deal with making money so I can afford my animals, a roof, running water to take a shower with, and food I didn't have to steal or kill.
I don't mind being called a Hippie.
My idea of a hippy is more like Jesus. Love each other. Treat each other right. Help each other out. Love the Earth. Treat Earth right. Help Earth out. And I'm Agnostic, so don't go there.
I hung out with nomadic hippies after my high school years. Those people would rather bum, mootch, and scam than be a productive member of society. There have been "Rainbow Gatherings" in Ocala National Forest and they have had huge issues with crime and pollution.
The theory of being a hippie is great. But then again communism was great in theory too.

salty blues

Most of the original hippies fron the 60's have got careers and become part of the mainstream they used to shun. Their "experiment" just wasn't practical. I dug their clothes and music, but not their politics.

mimzy

I think we need to clearly define "hippies" in this conversation. lines are blurred and points are being lost.
also, please do not judge one demographic by the actions of only a handful of its members. people are people no matter what labels they attach to themselves. and people are a pain in the @$$.

shogun323

Originally Posted by Mimzy
http:///forum/post/2660263
I think we need to clearly define "hippies" in this conversation. lines are blurred and points are being lost.
also, please do not judge one demographic by the actions of only a handful of its members. people are people no matter what labels they attach to themselves. and people are a pain in the @$$.
I think alot of the reason for the blurred lines is because the modern day day hippie has basically adopted a few things from the true hippe lifestyle and thrown the "cause" out the window. As Salty mentioned, most of the origianl hippies now have careers. As for this new generation of hippies........ see my previous post.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by m0nk
http:///forum/post/2659409
Yeah, we have a fair share here too. I'm not big on using the word "hate", but I'm also not big on patchouli.
I never knew what that nauseating smell was really called. LOL I only knew that it reminded me of musty smelling pepper, and pot.

cowfishrule

the hippies of today are hacks.
get a job, deek. do something with your life.
as for tree huggers, well, thats for another conversation.