I did a FreshWater DiP and....

duece biga

he made it through.....My angelfish had so much ich on him i was just waiting anyday for him to die...so i read up on it and everyone was saying to do all this stuff about making sure water is the same an pH an all this....I took it in my own hands an just put some water in a bowl at room temp. Scooped him out an dipped him it it for about 20sec he layed motionless i thought maybe i had killed him.. So i pulled him up an rushed him back to the Qt tank an dropped him in an shook the net around... He came back to life an swimmed out and i looked an most all the ich was gone...i kept the light off for about 2-3 days and then the ich was totally gone....Maybe i got lucky or maybe it just dont take all these high tech remedies to accomplish something....

dragonfli

i have used the freshwater dip many a times also. i think i have tried about everything. i agree there is a time and a place for each remedie. the "dip" works well if it is one fish and "he, or she" hasnt had the ich "jump" off yet. when you dip him (if it works) you kill the ich at the source. some people dip then put the fish back in the same tank, the ich lays dormant for a few days to two weeks and then just reattaches. but if you get it early i really like the dip.
there are many differing oppinions, but stick to what you like and listen to every thing. i think every post has lots of goods in them and some mindless bantering......i do it all the time BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH AND A
HERE AND THERE

scubadoo

Vacuum the bottom of the qt tank even if a bare bottom and change 50% of the water. This will remove most of the parasites if they are present in the qt. make sure the water is the same temp, salinty, etc as you do not want to stress the angel. This should be done for each day for 3-4 days after a dip.