I don't think my SeaClone is working...Skimmer that is

coreysebes

I don't think my seaclone skimmer is working, nothing goes to the top of the skimmer where the canister is, and I've been getting buildup on my tank...

bas12547

Is it a new skimmer? Have you played with the air flow value? You might have the water swirl (Play with the air value) on the bottom set to low.
Brian

birdy

Skimmers take a few days of running before they start pulling the scum out of the water, also if your tank is new, there may not be much to pull out of the water. If you can rule those two things out, then you may need to adjust it (not familiar with the skimmer so I cannot tell you how). Most skimmers you can adjust how much air is coming in and how much water is coming in, you want a dry foam in you cup.

tarhull87

I've had my SeaClone for about a month now and it seems to be running pretty good now. It took a few days to get goin but now I run it with the air open just about all the way and I have lots of foam but no mini-bubbles in the tank.

ckayb01

Try this. Close the air valve off all the way then open it up 3/4 of a turn wait a couple of days if still nothing then give it another 3/4 turn you will get the proper Air/Water mixture after playing with it some.

coreysebes

It's making lots of micro-bubbles now. I think maybe it's just a shitty skimmer, but I'd hope not for the $140 I spent on it. I turned it off for awhile, maybe I'll take it apart and re-construct it again.

rapt0r32

yes the micro bubbles will annoy you...If you read in the directions that came with it they will tell you that if you are getting bubbles you should open the air all the way up ( or it was all the way down been a while since I read mine ) but I know it was in there but I had concerns about the bubbles as well. People have had different opinions about this skimmer. Personally on a smaller tank I think they do a wonderful job. I have to dump mine about every 3-4 days.
What you are experiencing is a break-in period. It just takes time to find the correct airflow.. HTH

coreysebes

Aw, it said to open it all the way, then close it all the way and then turn it 3/4 and I think it will work, the bubbles have decreased and hopefully soon there will be none.