I don't want to grow up . . .

tangman99

I'm a Toys R Us Kid:
I picked up my new toy today to add to the speed collection. My new Honda CBR 1000RR. This thing is wicked fast. Now it's time to start picking out the upgrades. :thinking:
Post pictures of your toys

demartini

Nice bikes!!!! heres my car..well not that one but i dont't have a picture...I looove my car
My dad has a motto guzzi bike...my bf wants a bike like yours

yimmy

Street Bikes are awesome...I'm terrified of them though because last year a good friend of mine died, and there was nothing he could do, my parents have bikes, a harley low rider and a kawasaki ninja

petjunkie

Wow, I wish I had a garage like you, Tangman. Actually it would be nice to have a garage at all. I have a rusty 89' Blazer out back I used to take offroading, does that count?

seannmelly

Suzuki all the way. I am sorry but my bf has a '06 GSXR 1000 completely stock except: high mount Micron Pipe, fender eliminator, frame sliders and sportech windshield. I ride on the back of this thing, and I have to say it's fast!!! I'm probably getting my own next year, but this bike has ATE anything that has crossed it's path thus far!
Melly
P.S. Red has seemed to be the theme for this year! Most of his friends have a red bike in different years and makes, Kawasaki, and Honda.

demartini

Originally Posted by petjunkie
Wow, I wish I had a garage like you, Tangman. Actually it would be nice to have a garage at all. I have a rusty 89' Blazer out back I used to take offroading, does that count?

blazers rock!!! lol I used to have one. It has a little less than 200000 miles on it, but never gave me problems!

salty tank

what yr is that mustange, at first i thought it was shelby, my unlce has got a 67 350 shelby and hes the origianl owner. Its amazing, theres not a spot of rust or anything on it cause he lives in florida and the amazing part is that he drives it

djm

Nice choice, TangMan!
I'm still partial to the full replica Repsol 1000RR, myself. But alas, there still isn't a chink in my 900RR's armor that would warrant me breaking out the checkbook- just YET.

67 demon

Originally Posted by salty tank
what yr is that mustange, at first i thought it was shelby, my unlce has got a 67 350 shelby and hes the origianl owner. Its amazing, theres not a spot of rust or anything on it cause he lives in florida and the amazing part is that he drives it
Mine is a 67' also. I wish mine was a Shelby.

drea

heres mine.... 19988 ducati 916 w/ a 955 big bore kit and tons of mods.... i don't have a currnet pic, but this is the latest one, before my lighting mods

tangman99

Nice bikes. That Duc is sweet. My buddy races a Duc at our track.
67 Demon, nice Mustang. I'm not a Mustang fan, but that's a nice looking car.
Djm, The repsol bikes are sweet. They are hard to find around here and the dealership where I bought mine did not have any. This was their last black and red version. The repsol bikes are little too loud for my taste anyway so I probably would have passed.
Yimmy, yes they are dangerous and if you don't respect them you are doomed to become a statistic. I've known 3 people in the last 6 months that have died on them. I've also known quite a few Harley riders that have died also. I think the major difference in us an them is we ride must faster and much more agressive, but most of us wear serious gear when we ride. I have about $1500.00 worth of gear I wear religiously including an Aria RX-7 helmet, Alpinestar Leather pants and jacket, Dianese Kevlar gloves and Sidi Racing boot. There's not a piece of my body exposed if I go down but not much you can do about cars, curbs, trees, etc . . . Most of the Harley Riders I pass don't wear helmets and very few wear leathers as it get's really hot in Florida. Of course you have the few Sportbike idiots that you see in wife beater's shorts, sandels and the mesh helmet worn backward (otherwise know as a ball cap).
PetJunkie, Patience Grasshopper. It took 20 years to get the point where I can write checks for just about anything I want. I paid my dues going to college and working my way up the pay scale in the I.T. field. The only problem is now I'm out of garage space. The empty spot is where my wife's car goes. The bikes go in the third garage that you can't see to the right.
SeannMelly, The suzukis are very nice bikes. I like Hondas for the reliability. When you get up to the Liter bikes, they are so close in performance that it comes down to the rider anyway. I've seen liter bikes get owned at the track by 600s. Be careful riding on the back. My wife says that the only person crazier than someown who rides a sportbike is someone who rides on the back of sportbike.

tangman99

Nice cars! Is the white one a suicide door Continental? Very clean! Did you restore them or have they been kept up like that all those years?

hot883

I've had 3 harleys and this is my favorite. Hence my avatar and screen name since it is a Harley Factory Limited Edition #21 of 200 paint set.

scubadoo

Originally Posted by TangMan99
Nice cars! Is the white one a suicide door Continental? Very clean! Did you restore them or have they been kept up like that all those years?
62 Continental with suicide doors. The Yellow 65 Sport Fury was a drive train including motor restore.
The COntinental was a front and rear seat recover...that's it plus some minor mechanical issues. The Fury had been restored cosmetically...but the engine needed rebuilt..and I did the tranny too since the motor was out.
Both cars have #'s matching engines. I beleive the Continental was restored in the early 90's. it was a lawn ornament on an old-timers front yard for two years. THe old-timer was a little uncertain but I do believe it had been previously restored. THe AZ sun really took a toll on the seats so I pulled them out and had them recovered. The rest of the ******** was in clean shape. I couldn't drive it four flats plus the pwer steering pump was throwing fluids all over the place. THe old timer told me the power steerin pump went out...he had it towed then parked it on his front lawn for about two years. We were able to bring the paint back with many hours of "buffing".
I purchased the COntinental to flip it..then I drove it after we went through it mechnically and put a new set of tires on it...and now I can't part with it. It just needed routine maintenance plus a power steering pump rebuild. I also needed to repalce the tranny lines..they were leaking. THe pump is crank driven and finding the seals for it was a challenge.

scubadoo

Another toy...I thought I had other pics..this one was taken at the Scarmento airport. We met the previous owner their then drove it back to AZ. This baby had 68K documented original miles. We have all the service records from new. 1970 Vista Cruiser Wagon...and this baby MOVES! All original...right down to the paint and woodgrain.

madman33

2001 Suzuki Hayabusa 1300 Cc

And currently mod'ing one of these so its street legal in the US...damn government lol but no worries just doing the mods so i can import it then once it here the facking speed limiter and shiz are coming off. :p (for you non car geeks its a koenigsegg ccx....2nd fastest car in the world only to the Bugatti Veyron BTW im up for some races when i get it...even crotch rockets cause i can beat ya(well most of u lol)0-60 in 3.1 top speed safely to 250 but i know it can do higher safely)

madman33

BTW while im at it lol are you guys law abiders(sp?) or when u get caught for speeding do u just play ditch the B*tch?