I found DT!

stupid_naso

Just want to share with everybody that today I finally found DT. It turns out that my LFS has been carrying it for awhile. Stupid me for not asking :D . We'll see how the corals like it. Oh I also got a frag of frogspawn too. Me= happy :D :D :D
stupid_naso

serpentine5

Naso, what is DT? I checked the list of Acronyms, it was not listed.
DC=Direct current
DD=Downdraft, type of protein skimmer
DI=Deionisation, type of water purification
DIY=Do it yourself
dKH=Degrees of carbonate hardness, measure of alkalinity
DO=Dissolved oxygen
DOC=Dissolved organic compound
DSB=Deep sand bed

ryebread

Originally posted by timsedwards
very similar to Kent's Phytoplankton

I wouldn't say that. DTs is a one of a kind LIVE phytoplankton that needs to be refridgerated. I believe it is unmatched in effectiveness.

stupid_naso

Thanks RyeBread for clarifying. It is alive and needs to be refrigerated. I've heard so many people talk about it for the past months. Kent's Phytoplankton supposedly doesn't compare to this one.
stupid_naso

serpentine5

OK, thanks. I think I have been using CHROMAPLEX PHYTOPLANKTON. A buddy gave me some in a cup for my featherduster. Is DT a name brand? If I were to go to my LFS, what would I ask for?

flydan

Hey,
Yup, DT's is a brand name and it's great stuff. I even thaw my frozen fish food in it for a few minutes before adding it to my tank. I've been using it for about a year now and my corals are doing very well. They spread so fast that I'm able to take some back to my lfs for credit every couple of months or so. I like to think I'm doing my bit to save our natural reefs.
Dan'l