I got a protien skimmer but

55reef55

im having a problem with it. I bought a prism skimmer today. And i have it hung on the back of my tank ok. Now i primed it and water was going though it and everything. Then i put the little hose thing on the other slot to let it make air bubbles. Ok i ajusted the flow so that the water level is at the O-ring of the collection cup. But there is still air bubbles going into my tank even with the ajusment all the way closed to where very little water is going in. How do i get rid of these are bubbles going into my tank?
Also how is waste material get from the level of the water into the collectino cup? thanks for any help. Also when i put the ajuseter all the way closed but water is still coming though the water after a while stops coming though. also in the first chamber there is TONS of bubbles almost looks like a fom is this all noram just help me. =)

david s

make sure the air tube is on good were it connects to bottom and that the tube that goes to water and in to pump is on all the way then adjust it so the bubles go halfway up the cup if u get alot of watter in colection cup water is up to high when it is set right it will make foam that will collect in cup

lu

It takes about 24 hours for a skimmer to get working right. Something about the ions in the water???? For at least the first few hours or more, you will have a lot of bubbles and not much in the line of skimmer gunk.