I HATE TANGS or do I LOL

meowzer

Let me tell you this.....I have a sailfin tang, blue hippo and yellow in my 225G tank....The yellow tang is the model citizen...The Blue Hippo and Sailfin sometimes I want to STRANGLE....They are constantly rearranging stuff....I came home today and my lavender tube, and a couple other small items were moved all over..
I KNOW THEY DID IT TOO
I sit here and watch them pick up 2" turbo snails and carry them across the tank and then just toss them...it's amazing sometimes, yet annoying when they toss them on top of something else
Anyone else have any OVERpowering tangs?????????????

ajroc31

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3278634
I KNOW THEY DID IT TOO
I sit here and watch them pick up 2" turbo snails and carry them across the tank and then just toss them...it's amazing sometimes, yet annoying when they toss them on top of something else
That's funny. Pretty cool fish, but I am sure cuteness goes away quickly. Had a cowfish once that spat water, it was funny and cute first few times, until he started to destroy the drywall around the tank.

evanjah

hahah. I have an orange shoulder tang and a purple tang and they are the life of my tank. They can be annoying at times though. my orange shoulder tang always eats sand and then poops on my corals. Its a full time job keeping up with that. But in my opinion tangs have the best personalities in the ocean.... Jaxfishgirl, you dont know what ur missing.........

D

denniscoy420

I have to agress with Evanjah I can wait to get a tang in my tank I have a 75 gallon and I plan on adding
just one I have narrow the selection down to the powder blue or brown or a yellow tang
I really want the brown one but I would HATE to see him start mowing down my corals
any one out there know what the % would be if they eat soft corals?

meowzer

I don't think they eat soft corals, BUT In my opinion, I wouldn't put any tang in a 75G...they really grow pretty big

evanjah

umm imo a smaller to medium tang would do ok in a 75g. not a large one though. They say tangs are reef safe. Well all fish have their own personalities. Ive heard of tangs eating corals. moreso picking but if under fed they can and may eat corals

D

denniscoy420

well i got a small powder blue tang and the flame angel loves to swim with him
hopefully he grow's slowly, this will be the only tang in the tank,
I think they only grow to about 9"inch's big, and take about 3-4 years depending what u feed them
andhow often.

meowzer

Last night I saw my sailfin picking at the feather duster tube.....actually ripping pieces off

WELLLLL...this morning I found the feather duster head in the sand.....and the tube/worm is nowhere to be found :(
So now Tangs eat feather dusters
GEESH.....I guess I won't get another duster :(

yannifish

Originally Posted by Denniscoy420
http:///forum/post/3284387
well i got a small powder blue tang and the flame angel loves to swim with him
hopefully he grow's slowly, this will be the only tang in the tank,
I think they only grow to about 9"inch's big, and take about 3-4 years depending what u feed them
andhow often.
If I remember correctly Powder Blue Tangs, while they don't get as big as oter tangs, need larger tanks than most tangs of their size, as they are big swimmers (all tangs are), and will begin to feel boxed in as they grow.
However, I have never kept tangs, I just think I read that somewhere.

yannifish

Sorry Meowzer, didn't mean to help in hijacking your thread.
Sorry about the feather duster though!
It sounds like you a Tang Gang!