I Hate This Addiction

cosguy23

okay so now that my nanowave 9 is going freakin awesomely............. I want a bigger tank.......... this really sucks why didn't I just go for a bigger tank in the first place............ I dunno........ just thought I would vent........lol..

So lets say I get a 75gal...............
How much do you think that lighting and rock and filtration system would cost for that?

sepulatian

Ah nice reefs are done with nano's too. Look at demartini's tank. It is beautifull!! Go to the Nano forum. Her tank is posted and is gorgeous!!!!

sepulatian

Originally Posted by autofreak44
right you are sepulatian :happyfish
LOL thanks, her tank is so beautifull. Have you seen it? If not, go look!!!! I checked her tank out after um.......many many months of us both being on here. Her tank is awsome!!!!

You can spend a grand easy just setting it up, before you even add life. I'd chill with the little one first and learn on a small scale. Wait for some deal in the paper, where someone wants to get a tank off their hands cheap and then pounce.

inawe

HA! I agree wholeheartedly! I currently have a 37g, and am in the process of getting a 75, however, I am also planning ahead, knowing I still won't be satisfied :thinking:! A friend is building the stand to match my cabinets in the house, but I am having it built to hold a 125
! I know going up a few gallons at a time will cost a ton more in the long run, but the jump from 37 to 125 is just too overwhelming!

cosguy23

Her tank is freaking beautiful......................... OMG.......
So now I'm thinking maybe not a 75.......lol
I may do just a little bigger one...........

i dunno.......

reefreak29

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
I easily have 3-4grand tied up in my 75G, not counting electricity.
me to but its a 90. wish i had a 500 gal tank

ckjess19

I have already put over 700 into my 36 gallon and there is only three rocks and 4 damsels. The set up is what cost me the most, but I have big plans for the future of my tank. I can only imagine what it is going to cost me and I am sure that in a year or two from now when my tank is beautiful I am going to want something bigger.

tahoetanks

You can check the entry ways at the lfs. The one I usually use always has some forsale signs for big tanks. Good luck on your hunt!

rad

As of right now I have a 12g thats getting full and a 24g aquapod cycling. I look at the 24g and it pains me all the expenses that I will incur with the new tank, filling it with coral etc. Id say get a 24g or a 29g, 29g preferrably. You'd have more more options with the 29g. As of right now Im sitting at $350 with the 24g filled with sand, rock and salt water. I know all the inhabitants are going to take me near if not over the $1,000 mark. Thats plenty expensive for me and it does look alot bigger. I agree with another post though, look in the paper as somebody is always selling a tank. My 24g was the display at my lfs, I got it for $150 and some trades with stand. In all they got $210 worth of stuff out of me but the other $60 wasnt accounted for. Long story. Just keep your eyes open and dont rush it. You can find something affordable.

b0bby1

i had the same idea as you, i got a 20 for xmas and a month after that i wanted a bigger tank. i was lookin at a 75 like you, but then i realized it would cost so much money since i dont work. but no ive come to a resolution. im just gonna deck out my 20 gallon i have now until its totally finished. then i plan on buyin another 20-30 gallon cus ther cheaper than bigger ones.

inawe

Originally Posted by reefreak29
me to but its a 90. wish i had a 500 gal tank

I have one of those (the 500), but I think they call that a swimming pool!

ms752

go big so that way you dont worry about starting over again, i have a 125 and wish i had a 240.

d0 thy d3w

maybe we should all pitch in sum money and go in on a custom 200,000gallon tank...and sum scuba gear!! then we can swim with nemo!