I have an RO/DI problem

hoseman77

If anyone can help point me in the right direction I"d appreciate it. Well here it goes, I have been having a problem with phosphates in my RO system and so I added a DI filter and I still have the same amount of Phosphates. I checked my water from the tap and I have 1ppm of Phos. So I would think my RO water would reduce it. So when I test it with my new DI added it still reads the same. So then I went and got a new RO membrane with no change still. I am ready to just go and buy a whole new RO/DI system. What am I doing wrong?

RO system is 1 year old with a new membrane
Sediment filter is 2 mo. old
Carbon filter is 2 mo. old
DI filter is 12hrs old.
Phosphate level is 1ppm same as if it was strait from the tap. Dont know why?

jimvette1

Just throwing out suggestions.
Is it plumbed correctly?
RU sure?
Backflow valve not working?
Discharge line plugged causing back flow?

sign guy

your carbon is too old you need to replace it as soon as possible, chances are your leaching clorrene back into the water. I use matrix bran carbon its good up to 3600 gal and after that it will not leach just stop removing phosphates.

t316

I think Signguy nailed it.
Short of that, you either have backflow going on, or your meter is bad. But I find it surprising that you are only reading "1" from your tap water. You either have some really good tap water (unlikely) or your meter is off. This # should be way higher coming out of the tap.

jimvette1

Originally Posted by T316
http:///forum/post/2681076
I think Signguy nailed it.
Short of that, you either have backflow going on, or your meter is bad. But I find it surprising that you are only reading "1" from your tap water. You either have some really good tap water (unlikely) or your meter is off. This # should be way higher coming out of the tap.
I agree, my tap water is 236. If it were "1" I wouldn't even be using my RO/DI unit.
I would borrow someone's meter (or LFS) and check it again.

sign guy

Originally Posted by JimVette1
http:///forum/post/2682351
I agree, my tap water is 236. If it were "1" I wouldn't even be using my RO/DI unit.
I would borrow someone's meter (or LFS) and check it again.
I think he ment his phos is at 1 ppm