I have flow!!!

black cobra

My Hydro Koralia 3's came in today
They work amazing.... super quiet too. 1 week into my cycle and everything is going great. Just wanted to post an update. Once I get my corals I'll see, I might have to much flow going on in there with 2 and may end up going with just 1. I know some corals dont like too much. This is for a 90 Gallon.
Next Friday this will be here

48" SunPod 2x250W 14K HQI-MH w/ 18 Lunar Lights

elite

thats awsome!
you will be fine with both in your 90g
i also received my koralia 3's 3 weeks ago and they are great im using 3 number 3's in my 110 and it has helped out with my hair algea and a lil a cyano i had
my Long tentacle anem is also abit more happier at least it looks like it lol
i also just got my first corals frags they are all softies and they seem fine accept my frogsprawn i had to move him 4 inches towards the back so it wasnt in the direct flow off the powerhead....

black cobra

Well my tank is definitely cycling now because I ran my tests just a bit ago and I finnally have some spikes. My PH is perfect, but my Amonia is reading a little high now as are my Trites, Trates and Alkilinity. Nothing real bad but it is definitely going up.
I added another 60 lbs. of LR Friday night with the addition of my Hydro Koralia's flowing I am sure thats what got it to spike.
So now I am just gonna let it do its thing. I am only 1 week into it so.....
When should I do my first water change? Maybe after 4 -5 weeks?

lauremf2002

I am 5 weeks in and have asked the same question. I was told NOT to do a water change until all your ammonia and nitrites are at 0 and your trates are steadily decreasing. This is so the beneficial bacteria has a chance to build up. If you change your water it may improve your readings, but you will have robbed all the beneficial bacteria of its nutrients, thereby preventing it from building up a sufficient amount. Then when you try and stock your tank it will crash because the bio load will be too much for it too handle. Hope this helps! Happy cycling! Remember patience is key, I keep reminding myself this...

black cobra

Originally Posted by lauremf2002
http:///forum/post/2947408
I am 5 weeks in and have asked the same question. I was told NOT to do a water change until all your ammonia and nitrites are at 0 and your trates are steadily decreasing. This is so the beneficial bacteria has a chance to build up. If you change your water it may improve your readings, but you will have robbed all the beneficial bacteria of its nutrients, thereby preventing it from building up a sufficient amount. Then when you try and stock your tank it will crash because the bio load will be too much for it too handle. Hope this helps! Happy cycling! Remember patience is key, I keep reminding myself this...

Excellent tips... Thanks alot