I just cooked a pot of Jambalaya and I am the best husband ever.

bionicarm

Looks like we're turning this forum into the Saltwater Food Network! Yummm.
Sooo, you can't be a good husband if you don't cook? Or is it you cooked to show you care for your wife, and wanted to give her a 'break' from something that should be a mutual task in the first place? Sorry, you're not a good husband unless you also do laundry, dust, vacuum, do the dishes, and change diapers if you have little ones.
As far as the Jambalaya, where's the recipe? I have to cook tonight.

pontius

here's the recipe if anybody wants it.......
cut up 2-3 pounds of boneless chicken b-reast into chunks and cook in 1/4 cup of vegetable oil for 5 minutes on medium.
mix cup of chopped onion, 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, 1/2 cup of celery, and 1/2 cup of parsley with the chicken and cook on medium for another 10 minutes.
sautee 1 pound of shrimp.
cut 1 pound of spicy hot smoked sausage into slices.
mix the shrimp and sausage in with the chicken and onions/celery/parsley/pepper.
mix in 2 cups of UNCOOKED rice, 4 cups of chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon of garlic, 1 tablespoon of salt, and a little bit of black pepper.
mix it well and cook on medium, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for about 1 hour, or until rice is done.
mix occasionally and add extra water if needed for desired gooey-ness.
NOTE: this recipe is HOT and SPICY.

spanko

Originally Posted by florida joe
http:///forum/post/3116105
henry how many times have you said that

Yeah boy, it's like wise old great grandmother Mello used to say............"Never stick your finger where you wouldn't stick your face"!
She was a wise lady.
She also told me quite often........."If you are not in bed by 10:00, get home"!

dragonzim

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/3116103
here's the recipe if anybody wants it.......
cut up 2-3 pounds of boneless chicken b-reast into chunks and cook in 1/4 cup of vegetable oil for 5 minutes on medium.
mix cup of chopped onion, 1/2 cup of red bell pepper, 1/2 cup of celery, and 1/2 cup of parsley with the chicken and cook on medium for another 10 minutes.
sautee 1 pound of shrimp.
cut 1 pound of spicy hot smoked sausage into slices.
mix the shrimp and sausage in with the chicken and onions/celery/parsley/pepper.
mix in 2 cups of UNCOOKED rice, 4 cups of chicken broth, 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper, 1 tablespoon of garlic, 1 tablespoon of salt, and a little bit of black pepper.
mix it well and cook on medium, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
reduce heat to low, cover pot, and simmer for about 1 hour, or until rice is done.
mix occasionally and add extra water if needed for desired gooey-ness.
NOTE: this recipe is HOT and SPICY.

Try this.... add the rice in with the chicken and veggies to brown it a little bit before adding the liquid and dont add the shrimp till about the last 5 minutes of cooking. Adding them that early overcooks the hell out of them.