I just got my first digital camera. It is a Nikon coolpix 4500. Is this a good camer?

mmync

I finally bought my first digital camera, it is a Nikon coolpix 4500. I was just wondering if anyone knows about this camera, and if I made a good choice. I would also like to know if anyone has some advice on making really nice pictures with this camera. I really wanted the canon g3, but I got a good deal for this one and I hope I will be happy with it.

mmync

Well actually, I really stole it. I got it for $400.00 and then I have a $200.00 rebate so the final cost will be only $200.00. I think I really lucked out.

mmync

hey gold, i dont think the guy has anymore. but make sure you get one that still has the upc code on it so u can get the $200.00 rebate. Most of them say yhat they took the upc off in little print

mikester311

On Nikon's rebate form it says that you have to buy the camera through an authorized dealer. Does ---- count as one? Will they accept a ---- auction receipt?

goldrush

Spoke to Tom at Nikon USA. The camera will qualify for a rebate if 1) It is brand new 2) If it has the UPC code 3)The model # on the side of the box says E4500 (U)--U standing for USA. (J)- Japan,or (E) Spain would not qualify. He claims the "authorized dealer" part is not important.I'm having him e-mail this to confirm.

goldrush

Spoke to Tom at Nikon USA. The camera will qualify for a rebate if 1) It is brand new 2) If it has the UPC code 3)The model # on the side of the box says E4500 (U)--U standing for USA. (J)- Japan,or (E) Spain would not qualify. He claims the "authorized dealer" part is not important.I'm having him e-mail this to confirm.
The e-mail they sent me restates that it must be an authorized dealer.I've told them what customer service said,and asked for further clarification. I'll keep you posted.(or tell you how I like my Canon G3 or Fuji S602.LOL