i know this is saltwater fourm but i thought someone might know!

nemoboy

i know this is a saltwater fourm but i thought someone might know! do guppies hav live babbies or eggs i need to know beecause my fish is pregnate!

Live Babies and lots of them - you will have to seperate the "fry" from any other fish even the mother or they become fish food!!

mikeyjer

Originally Posted by nemoboy
i know this is a saltwater fourm but i thought someone might know! do guppies hav live babbies or eggs i need to know beecause my fish is pregnate!
Guppies are live bearers! :happyfish

nemoboy

alright thanks for the help guys.how big will they be when they come out will i be able to tell?

scotts

I don't know how big they are when they are born, but when you see the babies you should catch them. What I used to do was put them in a gallon ziploc bag and keep the bag in the tank. Then put the bag so that the lid of the tank is held down by the tank lid. Feed the fry flake food and do a water change in the bag by pouring out some of the water into the tank and refilling the bag. After about a week or 10 days they should be big enough to put back into the tank and not get eaten.
HTH
Scott

nemoboy

are guppies like bettas or goldfish, do they need an air pump? i dont have for the 2.5 the fry are gonna stay in.

scotts

You could use the other tank they might look cool in there. I have alwasy used the baggy thing because at the time I did not have an extra tank and it worked for me. That way you do not have to worry about the water chemistry and heat in the other tank. No they do not need an air pump.