I know this is salwater but I couldnt help my self....

haze123

So the other day I got a hold of fresh water dawf puffers and I know this is a saltwater board but I had to show them off some where :)

dskidmore

I'm still stuck in freshwater myself. Can't we all just get along?
I did a freshwater renovation last weekend, my tank is looking more like itself now. (Had suffered from an attempted move to a new aquarium that leaked, and I had left everything in it's "temporary" location.) As soon as I get it done, someone decides to unload fish on me, that will require me to do a tank upgrade. Oh well, I still win!

inkman2004

I had some of the freshwater puffers. They are MEAN!!! They tore the fins off of every other fish in the tank. I kept them about 2 weeks. They are pretty cool though.

dskidmore

My new 75 gallon will be fresh for awhile. I just hope the project stops expanding soon! :eek: *looking at nearly empty wallet* I had planned to wait for the saltwater converison for half of this equiptment, but some of my planning was a bit short-sighted.

haze123

haha yeah my kid picked out some crazy stuff for decor in the that tank. but its only a 10 gallon tank the puffers are only a inch and there in there with a black and marble mollie and they all get alot fine. Ive had the puffers for a little wile now and I havent had a problem.

shawnts106

LADDY! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yeah, send me some of that coraline!!!!! awsome blueness!
anyway!... :rolleyes:
Cant you acclimate those freshwater puffers to saltwater, I have dont it before, but I duno if you can keep them in reef tanks or not.. would be cool to have one in the reef tank!!!

ophiura

:thinking: I've often wondered what the attraction is in keeping fish in totally foreign conditions regardless of whether it can be done...and often it results in some degree of physiological stress resulting in shorter lifespan. :notsure: Anyway, they are fin nippers and carnivores. I wouldn't trust them in a reef tank, and they probably wouldn't fair well with the powerheads and extra circulation in most saltwater tanks as well.
Haze123 - they're really cute looking fish :D Don't let people give you a hard time about freshwater! :joy:

joker_ca

the dwarf puffers are very hard to keep alive, i hope hes eating. alot of poeple feed food to big for them to eat
also a good way to tell if a dwarf puffer is sick or under alot of stress is if the tail is curved and by the looks of your pics his tail looks curved

shawnts106

I agree Orph, I have heard they are fin nippers , knew they were carnivors but being that they are not native to the ocean I wouldnt think they would even look at a coral or certain invert twice... but then again I could be wrong
Also, I have heard to feed them Beefheart or some type of low in fat meaty food!