i know this is stupid, but.....

jden092901

K, I know this sounds really stupid, but I wanna get a fake anemone to see if my clowns would host it. I know a few people that said it worked..and is fun to see if they host it. I have a FOWLR tank..and dont wanna get any $$$ anemone yet. (dont have the light YET). Does anyone know where I could get this or do u thinks its a dumb idea?

beatlesfan

It will work just as well as any anemone will im guessing. You should be abvle to find them at the lfs. They do grow algae though so youll have to clean it.

lesleybird

Gee.... don't know if there are any that are soft and slippery enough to move like a real anemone. You could try, but don't count on them using it. Mine like to host the overflows, and when I had then in a QT rubbermaid they hosted the V in the PVC piipe. Lesley

ophiura

It is not stupid at all, and in fact commendable. There are too many people who do not have the tank and lights for an anemone and yet get them anyway.
There are several "fake" corals and anemones on the market...try your local LFS.

petjunkie

My pet store has some and they feel really gross! You will have to post some pics if they host in it, I know there used to be someone on here whose clowns lived in a fake one.