I may have a bacterial issue

kirsch66

Hello,
I think I may have some sort of bacterial infection in my tank. My Blue Hippo Tang has one eye that is very cloudy. He also is losing the pigmentation of the blue and black on his body. The spots are turning the color of human skin. I also have a lemonpeel angel that has white along his body. Not spots, so I don't think he has ich. Finally, my fire clown has white around his eyes.
I have a bunch of fish in my tank that look great, so whatever is going on has not spread around that much.
What do you think is the problem? How can I treat it? Keep in mind that I have life rock, anenomes, snails, strarfish, and a crab in my tank. I'm hoping that I can treat the tank instead of removing the fish.
Thanks,
Kirsch

beth

Administrator
Staff member
kirsch, take a look at the Thread at the top of this forum that is titled Diseased Fish and look at the pictures there with fish that have HLLE Head and Lateral Line Erosion. Is that whay you are seeing?
Describe your setup and post up your water readings.

kirsch66

Beth,
I think you nailed it with HLLE on the Hippo Tang. How can I treat it? I think the Fire Clown has the same issue. However, I think my Lemonpeel has a different issue.
As far as my setup goes, I have a 92 gallon corner tank with a sump below, protein skimmer, and UV Sterilizer. As far as the water goes, I'll have to test it and get back to you.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Give more details about your setup, filters used, sand, lr and post up the water readings.
Do you have a grounding probe installed? Can you post a pic of the sick fish?

delta lady

Kirsch,
I have the same problem in my tank. However, I have been loosing a fish a day. They all start out with a whitish coloring of the eye. I have used "Greenex", a medication from the lfs for treatment of ICK. However, there must be something else going on in my tank.
My water levels are perfect, and my inverts are still okay. But my fish are all dead but one. I don't know what to do about it. Even my urchin is loosing its spikes. Please someone help!