I need advice on a 29gal nano cube skimmer.

king_neptune

I am bout to order a 29 gal Oceanic Bio cube tonight, I would like some input on a skimmer for it.
I would like to get a Bang-for-the-buck skimmer. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg, just a good all around skimmer. But not a garbage one either.
From what I hear...the $30 one that most stores package with it as an add on option is crap.

saltie

You have come to the right place. There are a lot of people here that can help you with your skimmer question.
I use the CPR SR3 skimmer that fits in the second compartment. I have problems with it producing micro bubbles into the tank at first but solved that little problem and now the skimmer works great.
However, you really dont need a skimmer in the BC-29. In many cases the stock filters work fine. Just keep up with the water changes and filter maintenance.
I dont recommend spending money on a skimmer unless you really have to.

king_neptune

I ended up choosing another company and cube altogether. its a pretty sweet nano setup.
JBJ 28 Gallon Nano Cube Quad Power Compact Bulb Aquarium
350 which included shipping. I talked to some owners about it in a chat room. they rave about it. one suggested I lateronin the future upgrade the lights via retrofit kit $65, but for now he said the stock lights were great.