I need an RO/DI?

jeremyhaas

I am having alot of trouble with diatoms in my 10 gallon nano. People are telling me to get 100 gpd ro's, when in all reality I am never going to need that much ro water. I don't see myself using more than 10 gallons a week of RO water and I need a good filter. Any recommendations?

perfectdark

Originally Posted by JeremyHaas
http:///forum/post/2512515
I am having alot of trouble with diatoms in my 10 gallon nano. People are telling me to get 100 gpd ro's, when in all reality I am never going to need that much ro water. I don't see myself using more than 10 gallons a week of RO water and I need a good filter. Any recommendations?
I think 100GPD is a bit much for what you have but, google "air water and ice" they have some nice inexpensive RO/DI units.

nordy

I got a 35gpd unit and it's fine for my 55gal tank as I change out 10 gals a week and keep about 10 gallons on hand between changes for topping off. Yeah, it can take awhile to fill those buckets, but I get my 2 buckets filled up, salt added, heaters put in in an evening and then by the morning it's mixed and warmed up and ready for use the next evening.