I need help..........please

jtkld75

I just hooked up my slightely used (30g) rodi sys.. the problem is that i am getting a stream coming out of the waste end , and a dribble coming out of the dispenser......what did i do wrong, i have no kinks or anything?? please help!!

golfish

sounds right to me....the waste is generally 4 times faster then the good stuff....mileage may vary

jtkld75

all i can say is WOW.. ive since cut off the water supply as i hadnt had it plumbed to the sump pump in the crawlspace yet. i was just using a rubbermaid to catch it, i never figured it would fill half way up in an hour. Man, i better buy my rubbermaid brute tub asap i have a 135 galon to fill up, man it will take months to get that kind of water from this thing.. I think somethings not right.. supposed to be 110 gal a day, maybe waste water, but not usable stuff...what gives?

golfish

Originally posted by jtkld75
I just hooked up my slightely used (30g) rodi sys..

Originally posted by jtkld75

I think somethings not right.. supposed to be 110 gal a day,

:confused: which one is it? 30 GPD or 110 GPD....regardless, you get 1 gal of good water for every 4 gals of waste water.., run the unit for 10 minutes, take a measuing cup and see how long it takes to get 1 cup of waste water, then see how much of good water you get in that same amount of time....

jtkld75

not exactly an exact ratio, but it seems the waste is about 8x as fast as the usable,, man it litterally drips out, while the other flows.

bobbyzat

What is your inlet water pressure? I know most units require a higher pressure than normal household pipes will put out, and require a pump of some sort to reach their full GPD output.

jtkld75

Im not sure what the inlet waterpressureis... but i have it tapped into the line that goes to the watersoftner??Anyone done this? does it needmoved? Where is the best spot?

vyperone

I originally had the same problem with my unit. I contacted the manufacturer and we discovered I was missing the restrictor tube in the waste outlet. Not knowing you model or manuf. I can't say thats your problem but you may want to look into the possibility you are missing some sort of restrictor. I run a 70gpd unit and the water does flow quite considerably even after installing the restrictor tube.

jtkld75

yes, i have a restrictor tube as i just installed the waste line today, with no change in flow.......
Ok its been approx6-7hrs and i have prob 1.5 gallons...Anyone have any ideas that can help me? The rating is also min40psi.. thanks

golfish

make the restrictor tube longer........
are you SURE about the ratio....lots of RO units run about half what they claim too.

jtkld75

Hey goldfish, the restrictor tube that i am using is the brass one that comes with the sallde compression fitting. its about a half inch long id imagine... is this long enough?