I NEED HELP!!!!

seatank

please can anyone answer me i bought a 5lb piece of live rock today and learnd of a hitchhicker a green serpant star but i notesed that when i put the L/R in my tank that 2 of its tenicals were cut off will it grow them back or die??? :( :mad:

porscheguy

It will more than likely grow back if your water onditions are good. But be careful with those I had one eat one of my smaller fish while it was sleeping.

goldfish

Saltwater,
Did you notice you always post an answer agreeing completely with the guy right ahead of you?? Strange.........

alleyesonme

yep, it should grow back. when i got my red brittle star, it had 4 legs...now it has 5 again. how ever, the green serpent stars are supposed to be notorious small fish killers...then again, i do have a damsel id like conveniently gone...

@knight

starfish legs are designed to do this. it is a defense mechanism. if a preditor gets ahold of one leg the body will break away and still survive. I'm sure it would still be painful, but really cant say as they do not have a centralized nervous system.
The poor starfish prolly lost his leggs when being crushed by LR during transport.
[ June 30, 2001: Message edited by: @knight ]

goldfish

There's no disagreeing with saltwater..it's always a copy of what the post ahead of him just said!! Very strange. Oh well, it certainly ups the number of posts he does! ;)