I need to see some pics of short tenticle plate corals

pyro383

Just as subject says, I want to compare pics with mine in the tank. When I say short, I am talking less than 1/4 extension. I just want to make sure that it is fine. I feed it every 3 days a half of a silverside and it eats in within 5 min.

pyro383

Richard Rendos what setup is it in? How long have you had it. Mine is excatly like yours, color and all. You know that hard ridges in-between the tentacles, most are pink, but I am also seeing white starting from the edges and going towards the mouth, is that a sign of skeleton exposure?

richard rendos

Mine looks like that during the day, but at night it swells 4 to 5 times that size. It has been in my 120 for a little over a year. It got stung by some ricordia mushrooms a while back and is still recovering from that. It has made a pretty good come back. If it seems to be receeding, you could try to feed it after lights out. Mine will take silversides occassionally. It won't do anything while the lights are on, but after lights out it will accept food.

nm reef

Below is a pic of mine from several months ago...its been in my system for over a year now and its grown considerably since I added it. Likes a moderate current and a bit of meaty food now and then...mines very hardy and easy to maintain.